Everyone experiences stress from time to time. It can be brought on by any number of factors. It is a natural reaction to many situations in life including work, family, relationships and money.
Some stress can be positive because short periods of stress are proven to make you more alert and increase your performance levels. However, work-related stress is a significant issue, with millions of working days being lost each year as a result of stress, anxiety and depression.
• Defining stress
• The causes of stress at work
• Effects of stress on job performance
• Strategies for managing stress
• Stress reduction
• Stress and the law
• Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
• HSE’s management standards
• Risk assessment for work-related stress