This course introduces the roles, responsibilities and rights when it comes to safeguarding children. You will learn the potential indicators of child abuse, the rights of the child, and the impact a parent or carer’s wellbeing can have on a child. Ultimately, by the end of the course, you will understand the steps you should take if you have concerns for a child’s wellbeing.
• Recognise the potential indicators of child abuse – physical, emotional, sexual and neglect, including radicalisation, child trafficking and female genital mutilation
• Understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on the wellbeing of a child or young person, including the impact of domestic violence
• Understand the importance of a child’s rights in the safeguarding/child protection context
• Know what action to take if you have concerns, including to whom you should report your concerns and seek advice
• Demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with the internet and social networking
• Understand the basic knowledge of legislation
20 – 40 Minutes